Whilst 3704 Point Nepean Road, Portsea is called “The Portsea Camp,” there is a history which outdates the current caretakers. The site has a rich spiritual importance to the Boonerwrung people, an importance to us all as a site of fortifications against foreign invasion, and an importance as a children’s charity camp.
Many older visitors are interested in the wartime history of the site – to look over the bunkers and fortifications, and the grand old Parade Ground area. Please just call the office to make a time to come through.
The site as a children’s charity also has a great story to tell. Beginning as the Lord Mayor’s Camp for Country Children in 1946, it has grown into one of Victoria’s longest standing and favourite charities.