To provide a safe, caring, healthy, educational and recreational environment for the children of Victoria and NSW, with a major focus on those who are disadvantaged and have special needs.
In achieving this Mission, we will:
- Promote the Camp as a primary recreation facility supporting disadvantaged and special needs children across the state;
- Manage the Camp efficiently and effectively
- Provide appropriate education and recreation programs structured around the developmental level of the users;
- Integrate special needs children into all activities where possible;
- Maintain, refurbish and enhance the Camp to facilitate more flexible usage;
- Promote the Camp to all Victorians as a desirable budget holiday destination, thereby enabling the camp to run subsidised camps for children who ‘need a break’ and other not for profit, charitable child and family support organisations.
The Children’s Camps represent an important focus and Mission of The Portsea Camp. These take up about eight weeks in the year during school holidays. However facilities are available for hire at other times for general camps and provide a cost effective way for groups of children and adults to enjoy a holiday at this picturesque site.